Welcome to Why I WAH

When I was thinking of an appropriate name for my blog, I decided on Why I WAH for the simple reason that I'm not only trying to be successful at working from home, but I want to help others do the same. It is not always easy to work from home no matter what anyone says. You have to have the drive and dedication to getting the job finished. Many times you will not have a boss breathing down your neck to finish an assignment. So, you also have to think about why you want to WAH, as well, and hold that close to give you the perseverance to work at it.


Tuesday, May 26, 2015

WAH Opportunity for Disney! Disney Hiring Home Guest Services Reps



Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday weekend.  I’ve been very busy creating content (personal and professional) and figured I would start the blog back up with a fun one.  Who doesn’t love Disney?  Today’s WAH opportunity is working for Disney as a Guest Services Representative.  A call center WAH opportunity is not for everyone, but for those that can handle it, this might be a fun one.  They require the usual items for this type of opportunity: a quiet environment, computer skills, great communication skills, good Internet service, and a high school diploma.  Previous call center, sales or retail experience is preferred, but not required.  I would not let no previous experience stop you from applying if you have other customer service experience, and most jobs that deal with the public require some customer service skills even if your title is not specifically customer service.

Pros:

  • Work for Disney!
  • Part-time or full-time schedules available
  • Chance to turn a negative into a positive or make a positive more positive


Cons:

  • No specifics on status (1099 versus W2), pay or other details
  • No specifics on computer or other equipment required
  • Might have to deal with individuals that are feeling less than happy about their experience


Overall, if you love Disney and helping people find solutions or answer questions, this might be a great gig for you.  I would be tempted to apply if I lived in a more conducive environment for phone work.  Only a year and a half more until my little man goes to Kindergarten, and I’m free during the school day.  Thank you, full-time Kindergarten programs everywhere!  Have any experience working for Disney, thinking of applying or have a job you’d like to pop up on the blog?  Message me below or send me an email.

No comments:

Post a Comment