Welcome to Why I WAH

When I was thinking of an appropriate name for my blog, I decided on Why I WAH for the simple reason that I'm not only trying to be successful at working from home, but I want to help others do the same. It is not always easy to work from home no matter what anyone says. You have to have the drive and dedication to getting the job finished. Many times you will not have a boss breathing down your neck to finish an assignment. So, you also have to think about why you want to WAH, as well, and hold that close to give you the perseverance to work at it.


Monday, June 15, 2015

Love Shipping Wars? Check out Citizen Shipper


It's been a while since my last post. It's a beautiful thing that I learned my lesson on cloud storage when my last computer's hard drive died. It is certainly the way to go. The only problem was that I didn't have a backup for my digital post-it notes that I kept track of WAH opportunities. It may take me a moment to get a good list going again, but I will. Anyway, here is today's WAH opportunity.

I'll admit that I do watch a little reality television. Shipping Wars is a fun one for me. I love laughing at the mistakes some of them make and the bigger than life personalities many of the shippers have on the show. Today's post is for a website that operates in the same manner, Citizen Shipper. A person needs something shipped, so they complete a post with all the pertinent information: when, where, what and so on. Then, people that have registered as drivers can bid how much they are willing to complete the shipping for the person. The person then picks the bid that they like the most to carry out the shipping. This seems like a fun gig for someone that is looking to try out something a little out of the box, is planning on taking a trip or wants to see more of the country. I did a quick search in my area alone, and there are seven current jobs with most of them delivering out of state. Pets seem like a popular item on this site.

Pros:
  • Set your own bid amount
  • Pick what you want to ship
  • Work when you want
Cons:
  • No guarantees of getting picked for bids
  • Big vehicle necessary for some of these jobs
  • Some bids may require heavy lifting on either end of the delivery

 

Overall, I think that this is a really cool opportunity that is not right for everyone. Have wheels, a valid license, and wanderlust? This could be a great gig for you to try out. Post a comment if you'd think of doing this type of job or have done something similar.

No comments:

Post a Comment