Welcome to Why I WAH

When I was thinking of an appropriate name for my blog, I decided on Why I WAH for the simple reason that I'm not only trying to be successful at working from home, but I want to help others do the same. It is not always easy to work from home no matter what anyone says. You have to have the drive and dedication to getting the job finished. Many times you will not have a boss breathing down your neck to finish an assignment. So, you also have to think about why you want to WAH, as well, and hold that close to give you the perseverance to work at it.


Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Share your Stories – Write for Chicken Soup for the Soul



I’ve written about being able to make your hobby work for you, and I’ve written about being paid to write.  Today’s WAH opportunity also streamlines into this realm.  Chicken Soup for the Soul offers you a chance to write your own stories to help uplift the souls of others.  A short story written in your own words based on one of the topics for proposed books is all that is required.  The story must be 1,200 words or less and, if published, will result in a $200 payday upon publication.  Some of the current possible book topics as of this publication date include Alzheimer’s and Dementia Family Caregiving, Angels and Miracles, Blended Families, Dreams and Synchronicities, Military Families, My Very Good, Very Bad Cat, My Very Good, Very Bad Dog, Stories about Teachers and Teaching, The Joy of Less, and The Spirit of America.  Most people have at least one story that would fit into these categories, and if you think that you can’t think of an appropriate story for these topics, keep checking back for new topics.
Pros:

  • Well-known book series
  • Variety of topics
  • Short length requirements
  • Defined pay amount
  • Set deadlines
  • Easy online submission 

Cons:

  • Possible rejection
  • Not knowing until book is coming up for publication whether or not your story was accepted
  • Not having a first-hand story on available topics
  • Topics are for possible books, so no guarantee that a book on said topic will be published
  • Only 101 stories accepted per title

Overall, I know that I’m going to try my hand at submitting some stories to this website.  Even if your story is not accepted, it can still be used elsewhere.   What about you?    

No comments:

Post a Comment