Welcome to Why I WAH

When I was thinking of an appropriate name for my blog, I decided on Why I WAH for the simple reason that I'm not only trying to be successful at working from home, but I want to help others do the same. It is not always easy to work from home no matter what anyone says. You have to have the drive and dedication to getting the job finished. Many times you will not have a boss breathing down your neck to finish an assignment. So, you also have to think about why you want to WAH, as well, and hold that close to give you the perseverance to work at it.


Monday, August 10, 2015

Review Free and Discount Products on Amazon – AllStar Reviewers



I am a firm believer that any way I can reduce my bills is something for a WAHer to try out for themselves.  I’ve been trying this service out for a short time and thought I would pass it along.  AllStar Reviewers is a service that matches reviewers up with companies selling through Amazon.  Reviewers are given a code to check out items for a free or reduced price (shipping is covered if an Amazon Prime member), and then have to write an honest review of what they think of the item where they also mention that they got it at a free or reduced price in exchange for the review.  These codes expire if not used in a certain amount of time, and they also seem to be first-come first served.  Basically, if you get an email for a product you are interested in reviewing, you should act on it quickly.  So far, I’ve gotten some awesome pens and a few other things through this program for free.  The pens were my favorite to review because they brought back childhood memories of using gel pens to write notes in school.  Plus, what writer doesn’t love pens?
Pros

  • Free or discount items
  • Pick and choose which items to order
  • Legal for Amazon if rules are followed for promotional content
  • Keep the items
  • Free to write honest review of product


Cons

  • No choice in items offered
  • No guarantee how often you get to review products
  • Codes may expire before you can use them
  • May have to pay shipping charges (as an Amazon Prime member, I have not
  • Have to closely follow instructions to get codes to work
  • Must provide a quality review or risk being dropped from program as per other users’ comments (some noted that they were not told why their review didn’t pass quality checks)


Overall, I like this program.  I haven’t gotten a product that I felt deserved a bad review, but in fairness, I’ve only gotten the chance to do only so many reviews so far.  This page offers insights into what Amazon considers quality reviews that might help you create a good quality review.  If you think this might be a cool program, check it out and let me know how your experience goes.  I would love to hear from other AllStar Reviewers on their experience with the company.

No comments:

Post a Comment