Welcome to Why I WAH

When I was thinking of an appropriate name for my blog, I decided on Why I WAH for the simple reason that I'm not only trying to be successful at working from home, but I want to help others do the same. It is not always easy to work from home no matter what anyone says. You have to have the drive and dedication to getting the job finished. Many times you will not have a boss breathing down your neck to finish an assignment. So, you also have to think about why you want to WAH, as well, and hold that close to give you the perseverance to work at it.


Thursday, February 17, 2011

Weegy

For the first WAH opportunity I'm presenting to you I went with one that anyone can sign up for. Weegy.com is a website that allows everyday individuals to answer questions as Weegy experts to everyday question askers. The great thing about this website is that you are able to sign up, read over the information available on how to be a Weegy expert, and get started answering questions right away. Weegy works well for me as I keep it open all day long while I am on the computer. When a question presents itself to you the website dings making it easy to just switch over to that screen from what I was doing. You have 15 seconds to accept the question before it passes on to the next expert. Even if you accept the question you can still pass it on if you discover that you cannot answer it after doing your research. Of course the number of questions you may get in a particular day may vary. This is not an opportunity that can substitute for a full time job. I make on average $2 to $5 a day answering questions depending on how long I am logged in a day.

Each conversation you participate in pays you $.20. In order to be paid you have to reach $20.00 in your account. Now, Weegy does not have specific days that they make a payment which can be a little frustrating if you are trying to determine when you will be paid for your budget. I have been paid once already and am waiting on the next payday as I've already surpassed the $20.00 mark. Payment is by PayPal only, and the way they send the payment PayPal fees are taken out. I love PayPal, but could do without the fees. They also have a monthly point contest where the three highest point earners get a cash prize. There are three ways to earn points. The first method relates to your question answering. If the user is pleased with your answer they can click on good which gives you a positive rating and five points. The second way to earn points is by referring other individuals to sign up with Weegy as either users or Weegy experts. The last way to earn points is by commenting on past Weegy conversations, but there is a cap on how many points you can earn this way.

Pros –

  • Anyone can sign up and start working right away
  • Pays by PayPal
  • Get paid to answer questions that you can research online
  • Can be worked alongside with other WAH positions
  • Point contest
  • No schedule or minimum hour commitment

Cons –

  • Can be slow
  • Minimum payment $20.00
  • Exact pay dates vary
  • PayPal fees

Overall, I feel that Weegy is a great WAH opportunity that you can get started with now. It does have some downsides, but can be a great addition to your personal road of making money at home. Please, when you sign up use my referral link (Weegy.com) as a thank you if you would like.

No comments:

Post a Comment