Welcome to Why I WAH

When I was thinking of an appropriate name for my blog, I decided on Why I WAH for the simple reason that I'm not only trying to be successful at working from home, but I want to help others do the same. It is not always easy to work from home no matter what anyone says. You have to have the drive and dedication to getting the job finished. Many times you will not have a boss breathing down your neck to finish an assignment. So, you also have to think about why you want to WAH, as well, and hold that close to give you the perseverance to work at it.


Monday, October 27, 2014

Freecycle.org is for Freelancers!



I’ve had a rather long break of trying to get everything together in my professional life.  It’s not easy when you WAH.  You don’t have someone standing over your shoulder telling you to get more clients or that you are overworking yourself.  It is something that you have to balance for yourself. 

I am going to expound on one of my favorite things, saving money, to get back into the swing of things for the blog.  Everyone works to get the things that they need in life, either by earning a paycheck for a job or bartering services.  Reducing the amount of things that are needed in life can help to reduce the amount of work that needs to be done.  I love getting deals, bargains or free stuff because that means that I can reduce my budget that month,  spend my hard earned money on something else, or put it away for a rainy day.  A great website that should be in a freelancer’s arsenal is Freecycle.  It is a worldwide organization that hooks people up with free items that other people are looking to get out of their homes.  People can post either want ads that show what they are looking for or people that have items they no longer want.  If you find an item that you want, send a message to the person and make plans on picking it up.  Most people offer porch pick-up where they just leave it outside for you to grab.  Have a bunch of things that you need to get out of your house?  Post an ad to get someone interested in hauling it away for free.  Through this service, I’ve been able to pick up a few toys, a pet spot cleaner, flooring and will be picking up a dresser next weekend for my son.  These are all items that I did not have to dig up cash for while clearing up space in another person’s home.  Win-Win for everyone.

Check out the website today and look it over for your area.  You can sign up for your area’s organization, and get a daily email that tells you what people are looking for and getting rid of in your local area.  It can be helpful to look on their website when you really want something as some items go quick.

No comments:

Post a Comment